Wednesday, September 3, 2014

sappy movies for the win

Why in the hell do they make these romantic, sappy, comedy movies?
Why do they insist on messing with my hormones on a sunny day?

There I am... home alone for 2 hours (kids make it hard to be alone) and the only thing I really want to do is watch a movie without having to say "stop jumping on the bed!" or having to hear "mom, I want a cereal bar." or even better, having to pause the movie constantly when an inappropriate scene comes on. Inappropriate for a 4-year old and a 2-year old that is.

So here I am, home alone with my Netflix and 425.3 choices to be made and I ALWAYS go with the romantic comedy that makes me wonder about so many things. I hate wondering about things. It makes me think that I feel a certain way when I feel just fine. And no... there isn't a hidden meaning behind it. I genuinely feel - happy. Yet here I am. Watching these movies, wanting to be the woman that lost my memory and still falling in love with my husband in the end. Or even better, the one that falls in love with the sparkly guy. 

As if the plot isnt' enough to make you question how you feel or fantasize about that "perfect" man or vampire (I'm not judging), the music tugs at those strings that make your heart feel full and overwhelmed with joy. And all you can do is cry when you hear that one song with those one lyrics. Or when the scene comes on where the lovers embrace in a kiss while the perfect buildup and release music plays in the background. It's like an emotional orgasm, and they are making sure you climax.

These people know just what they are doing. Poor women. And poor husbands that do not stand a chance.

You win this time.

-Enjoy the Silence

Emotional Comeback Cin

0 silence breakers:

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.