Friday, October 3, 2014

Do I wanna know...


I have so much on my mind, but I think it's best I take it step by step before pouring it all out at once. I recently had a conversation with someone about more than I thought was possible to talk to them about. I'm not really sure why I had figured them out the way I did. 

One part of our conversation was about how they saw people. When the conversation went in my direction - the way they saw me left me a little troubled. They told me that they felt that I put up a lot of walls to hide my insecurities. This person didn't ask why nor was it said in a way where I felt I was in the wrong for having these walls up. It was just a statement. 
 
That statement has rattled my brain ever since it was made- not because I was bothered, but because they were right. Everyone has insecurities. I'm not the first person ever to come with them. But how did they know that I try so hard to hide them from everyone? I thought I covered it all up really well by being so loud and upfront. I thought that if I distracted people with my loudness they would miss the girl inside crying for ...something. I thought that only those close to me - and trust me, their aren't many - know this about me. I was wrong. 

My insecurities are kept in a place where only I can scrutinize myself for having them. A sign of weakness shows a way in for someone that maybe I don't want in. If I cover up that weakness then I'm the one with the control. I control what emotion to show. I control what emotion to share with them. Do I think it's right? No. I don't at all. I know that I am restricting myself to fully be myself in all sense. But it's what I've known all my life. And the fact that this person can see this in the short amount of time of knowing me scares me. Am I that transparent? Are these walls all in my head only? I cannot allow someone to control my fear and in the end - me.

Another wall up. 

Another reason to hide. 


Enjoy the silence.
 
-Cin

0 silence breakers:

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.