Wednesday, September 10, 2008

disconnected-.-

funny how one small piece of electronic can make me feel so disconnected from the world outside of work.
I left my cell phone at home... again. And it sucks. I feel so lonely when I go pee. I do not hear the door knock followed by Mr. Duck. I wonder if today will be the day that I get a phone call being told that I just hit the lotto or something along those lines. I wonder what my phone is doing... I enVy the little booger. it gets to lay on my bed. comfy. no worries in this world. while I worry of its activities.
lucky me - I have a lot of work and I get to stay here late. Which means that the reunion between my phone and I will be later than anticipated. I am counting the minutes down until I see its slick and silver coating. And I hear the little duck quacking at me telling me that I have a text.

ok so maybe I do not miss my phone that much, but I do feel disconnected. It's funny really. It's just a phone.

enjoy the silence from a phone that isn't here
-Cin

0 silence breakers:

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.