Friday, May 15, 2009

and then there were three

So I have these crazy reminders that keep telling me “send out your invitations!” “you should be sending out your invites by now!” and all I can think of is AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I don’t have my invites as of yet. I ordered them, per say. But the girl that so graciously offered to get them to me for free – has not produced them as of yet. Not even one. I did finalize and gave the thumbs up to the ones I want, but the invites are still MIA.

I can either freak out about this and scream bloody murder at her.
Or
I can just ask? And act shy because I am asking.

I secretly choose the first option, but will probably end up doing the second.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

On to other things – I am going to Disney today after work with a friend of mine. It should be fun because I know that we will spend the majority of the time laughing.
Because of the special occasion (there really isn’t any other than us wanting to hang out), I decided to straighten out my mane this morning. Little did I know, my mane had somehow sabotaged this great idea of mine. I walk over to my dresser and what do I find … a dead flat iron?!?!?! My flat iron seems to have given up on life and on me because although it is working – it isn’t really heating up, which means that something that would have taken me 20-30 minutes to straighten out, took me 45 minutes. And it’s not as straight as it normally leaves it. So now I have to go to my local beauty supply, Tia Juanita, and get hooked up with a new and improved bad ass flat iron. To top it all off, I get to walk around Disney with a mane that was partially tamed and that is laughing at me because it was slightly victorious. point 1 for you.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

did you know that they are trying to sell some historical landmarks here in California due to the budget crisis????? man I know that times are tough. and I know that there is an economic crisis going around - along with the swine flu. but I never thought it would get to this. This is serious. At least it is to me. First of all, I have heard that California is a wealthy state. One that is able to hold it's own if it really wanted to. And yet we have come to this.
The LA Memorial Coliseum is one of the landmarks that is up for grabs and it has a potential buyer already - USC! Some organization has stated that it's not for sell. It does not belong to the state therefore the state cannot sell it, even if Arnold gives the green light.
I say sell it. I mean, if the Trojans are going to use it for the same purpose that they have been using it for all of this time (owning other football teams that step in their domain) and they will be helping the state out by paying for it - why not??? I am sure that they will make improvements and fix that speaker system that BLOWS. Maybe they can put an elevator in certain sections because sometimes its just hard to go up those stairs.
So I might like the idea of USC owning the Coliseum (that might have to do with me being a fan FIGHT ON!!!), but there is also the possibility that some of our landmarks might be sold off to corporations that if they wanted to, they could rename, redo, or destroy them.
Arnold... your act as a governor is as bad as your act as a kindergarten cop.

enjoy the silence
-Cin

0 silence breakers:

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.