Monday, January 19, 2009

change is among us

to all of those that have been living under a rock recently, tomorrow will be the inauguration of our 44th president: Barack Obama.

Normally, I wouldn't care. I would see this day as the day that someone is presented to the American nation as their leader, but I would not be tuning in or showing interest. Tomorrow will be different.

I don't really care which side you stand on. If you think that Obama is the answer to all of our prayers... wonderful. If you think we will all burn in hell because he is our next president... drastic, but your opinion. I have always felt that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so people can choose to interpret his coming to presidency how they prefer. Right now, this is not a conversation I want to be part of.

Change is among us. Tomorrow we will present to the United States of America our 44th president, Barack Obama. Most importantly, our first African-American president. Now, regardless of how you feel about this situation or about him, you have to realize that this is a historical event.
I cannot assure you that he will make things better. I know that it would take time to improve our economy and current situation in the US, regardless of who would have become our next president.

But I can assure you that tomorrow will be a day that history teachers will teach about. And grandparents will tell their grand kids about how they experienced the day first hand. And 30 years from now, the future of that time will wonder what the experience was like. Just like I wondered how it would have been to be around the JFK era.



Tomorrow will be different folks. I personally can appreciate being part of this event.

enjoy the silence

-Cin

0 silence breakers:

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.