Thursday, January 15, 2009

the horrible neglect

oh 2009.. are you over already?

this year has been a disaster already. that's right! I said it.

I have tried to keep my head up this year and tried to turn it all into a positive experience, but so far.. things have gone downhill as well as I.

so you think I am being a bit dramatic? maybe I am. but this time... it is drama with substance.

let me explain:
I have had a cold now for about two weeks. (keep in mind that it is the 15th of the month) at first it was a silly little headache and cough that started on 1/2/09. I was heading out to Vegas, so I popped some medicine and hung in there during the weekend. I came back feeling ok, but the cough persisted. Some time around the 7th or the 8th I lost my voice (at least Mr. Tortilla Face wish it did), I just sounded really manly. Then the weekend came... and the fevers began. Sunday was spent in bed because there was no energy in me that could will me to do anything else. And trust me, I had plans... DISNEY! Tuesday I left work early. my fever was so high my head couldn't stand my glasses. Yesterday I stayed in bed all day. I made best of friends with NyQuil. today I am back at work, but miserable. my nose is leaking. my head hurts when I cough. I am so congested. I am wearing a scarf in this wonderful summer/winter weather of ours. bizarre.

this cold has ruined 2009 for me thus far. I know that I tend to over-react, but trust me... this year has sucked. I cannot get my head on straight because it is congested and coughing and throbbing half of the time. and although I have been at work, its almost like if I am not here because I cannot seem to concentrate on anything in front of me. I get tired quickly. and after lunch I just want to go home. so now I am behind on work.
and my friends have come around, but I have no energy in me to enjoy the time with them. Don't take it personal, but right now I just want my bed.

there are two things that I have learned from my cold and such.
* Mr. Tortilla Face can pamper me =) he loves me. he made me a sandwich last night.
* everyone suddenly becomes a pharmacist when you have a cold.

anywho - 2009 can you please be nicer to me. I am going to go home now and talk to my bff NyQuil. I hope that tomorrow all of my symptoms are long and gone... if not... man 2009 is going to be hard.

0 silence breakers:

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.