Friday, January 30, 2009

the postman will not be in

change is already here and it had nothing to do with Obama.

I was watching the news and saw that the mail has dropped by 9 million items just this past year. This is the highest it has dropped in a very long time.

Normally this would blow past my head and I would move on, but lately everything makes me think and pick things apart.
Pros: the nation is finally going green. bills are being paid online. emails are being saved. trees are being saved.
Cons: less mail means less positions needed. positions being cut means less employees needed. less employees means more unemployment.

so this is a double-edge sword. although we are improving and helping out mother nature, we are suffering as a race with this economic drought.

I am grateful for the job I have. I know that although I might not be happy at times, I am at least able to go to a home, and serve dinner, and plan a wedding, and plan a future. This makes me happy.
So now I pray. I pray that if the post office does let go of people - that the nation comes together as a whole and is able to come up with other places to place these new people in.

enjoy the silence
-Cin

0 silence breakers:

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.