Tuesday, March 10, 2009

money is the root of all that lets me live

ok I have to admit that I once said "money is NOT everything in life. there is so much more." and deep down inside I still have that thought... hidden in there. somewhere.

money is not everything. there is love. loyalty. compassion. family. friendships. birth. hobbies. sigh.

but sometimes, when money fails to exist... it puts a damper on some of the stuff that helps us remain sane. its sad really, but I have come to realize that its all part of life.

ever since I started working, I was left to take care of my own purchases and bills. I have always understood the importance of money. Now with all of the new stuff going on in my life, the importance of prioritizing where my pennies go is something that I have taken on full-hearted.
I have made a budget. I update it as I pay my bills and I give myself a certain amount to play with and set aside a certain amount for certain situations that I know are coming up (like birthdays, trips, etc). So far, I've done ok. When I first started this I realized more closely where my cash was going and how stupidly I was wasting it. Now, I value my pennies.

the "recession" has not hit me directly as of yet. I am truly thankful for that. But with all of the talk about it, I can't help but to be aware and to prepare as a just in case. So I have been saving and watching where my money goes. For once, in a long time I've actually been reviewing what charges are on my bills. I've been cancelling services that I don't even use. And some companies have given me credits on some of these charges. I've given my bank account more cash to hold and I think it likes me for it. If only it would add some zeros to my bank account, then I would be happy. =)

I really hope that this helps in the long run. I am sure it will. How can saving ever be a bad thing? I want to make sure that I don't become a penny pincher, never wanting to waste a dime even if I have some to spare.
I wish money would not rule all of the decisions I make in life. unfortunately, I am not a heiress to a hotel chain, nor am I the next pop star sensation... so in order for me to live a life that I enjoy these are the steps that I have to take for now. because money does help. and having it makes more time away from work possible. and it makes shopping much more enjoyable (although I don't care for too much shopping, the crowds drive me nuts). and it helps bring a bit of ease to every day life when its not a constant reason to argue or cause stress at home.
All of this talk about money makes me want to check my account balance.

enjoy the silence
-Cin

0 silence breakers:

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.