Wednesday, March 25, 2009

my playlist... for the week

music has and always will be a big deal to me.

I can't say that I am a mainstream follower, but I'm also not an underground junkie. I simply listen to what's on the radio, or if someone suggests a new band, or if I go to a show and the opening band is "bad ass." you get the point.

if I like a song or a beat - I usually run off to download the CD or CDs (to see if its worth buying). Then I download to my ipod, listen to it for about a week. Listen to it while I read the lyrics. I know it seems like a lot, but the beat has to make sense with the lyrics. Let me explain: sometimes you can play a great song... musically. But when you read the lyrics you realize that you've been humming along to a song about a cat chasing a mouse with a mustache. that would automatically turn me off to the song. I love when the music makes sense with the lyrics.
there are exceptions (like everything in life), some songs are all about beats that make you want to get on the dance floor and "shake it" or that keep you going while running at the gym. it usually doesn't matter if they are singing about the girl's badunkadunk as long as it gets your adrenaline going. these songs make it on a certain playlist on my ipod. And its usually a song, not the whole CD that I download.

depending on how the song appeals to my senses, they make it on a certain playlist. for the most part, its my mood that directs what songs go in what playlist. some songs make it on more than one playlist. And sometimes a song just does not fit and it gets the boot.
now to some people this might seem like a lot. - just put the ipod on shuffle and call it a day - but like I stated before, music is a big part of my life. so making playlists that define a day or a moment in my life just makes perfect sense to me.

my current favorite playlist is called "reaching in". this playlist contains songs that do just that; reach deep inside and bring out a sigh or an emotion or something. the songs on this list have a sort of pattern or theme going on throughout them - love - now the love might project as the I-lust-for-you kinda love. the you-make the-sunset-that-much-more-precious kinda love. the why-must-you-make-me-cry kinda love. the you-make-me-want-to-do-crazy-shit kinda love or the there-is-no-one-but-you kinda love. the point is that its about love in some way or another. I know that there are different types of interpretations to lyrics and there might be a chance that the lyricist did not have love in mind with some of these songs. But this is how I have interpreted these songs and this is how they make me feel and since this is my playlist, this is where they are going.
So here I am, sharing. Because you never know, someone out there might be looking for a new band to go download and I just want to do my part.
and yes, they are in a particular order
  1. AFI - Prelude 12/21
  2. AFI - Endlessly She Said
  3. Thursday - Lovesong Writer
  4. Brand New - Degausser
  5. Deftones - RX Queen
  6. The Cure - From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
  7. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
  8. Blaqk Audio - Semiotic Love
  9. AFI - 37mm
  10. Glassjaw - Ape Dos Mil
  11. My Chemical Romance - I Don't Love You
  12. Incubus - Love Hurts
  13. Deftones - Cherry Waves
  14. Muse - Falling Away With You
  15. Muse - Time Is Running Out
I hope that at least one song brings a smile to someone else's face besides my own. and if you have any music or playlists to share of your own - please do share. it can be any of your playlists. =)

enjoy the silence/music
-Cin

0 silence breakers:

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.