Monday, October 6, 2008

enjoy the silence


In case you have not noticed, I always end my blogs with Enjoy the Silence and my name. And my accunt names usually are Savor Silence. And sometimes Savor Cin. So now you might ask, "Where did all of this come from?"
back in '96, I was barely getting into this new world out there called the Internet. I was so naive back then. I had creativity running through my bones, but was unsure of what name I wanted to be branded with. I was not aware that this is what people might remember you by. Hey, how are you doing sexybunny69? or even I haven't read any of your postings in a while latina4life! Sadly, I have run accross some of these names in my Internet days. I can admit that my names were not brilliant and definitely not thought out, but they were not that bad. One of my first names that I stuck with for a long time was "suprem*star." Yes, I intentionally left the "e" out of out supreme and would add the "*". I'm not sure where I came up with that, but I do remember that my friend Richie had something to do with it.
At first the names did not really bother me. Who cares if it wasn't all creative. I had started out on sites like livejournal, onchat, and of course, my AIM account. But then one day, my other friend, Jossie, gave me a better name... Cin Censura. (for those who do not speak Spanish - without censorship.) Cin fit in there perfectly, considering that that is my name. I started using this for my livejournal & my myspace account and really liked it. The name was not complicated, it was to the point, and the meaning behind it was perfect. But something did not feel right. I cannot explain it until this day, but it felt as if though it did not quite fit. Some might think, who cares? it's just a name! It had become more than just a name to me. People will remember my account name when they search me. When they befriend me. I wanted to have a name that said hello in a confident manner to the Internet world.
And finally one day, while listening to music, I came up with my name. I was updating my ipod while it played on shuffle mode. The first song to spark a light was Depeche Mode's Enjoy the Silence. It is definitely one of my favorite songs of theirs. I listened to the lyrics. Googled them. And said - this is it. And then the next song came on, Deftones Savory (Jawbox cover). Two of my favorite bands, two of my favorite songs. And this is where I decided to mix the songs up and come up with one title. Savor Silence. It has the same meaning as DM's song title, it just has different wording. It made me feel as if though I wasn't just stealing their creativity completely. Although I have to admit that a lot of my ideas come from songs. I am sure that I am not the only one out there that is constantly inspired by music.
Ever since then... that is the name that I have used. Now the name has taken a different purpose from when I first started using it. I like the thought of sometimes, silence is what we need in our constant busy lives. Silence is definitely found in the Internet world. Most of us, especially in our blogs, express ourselves through words or pictures. The words have meaning. The words can move you. They can create emotion. But it is all done through silence. No loud noise. No speeches heard through loud speakers or the television. Just words that fit together to move the heart and soul of anyone that is willing to take the time to read. The only sound heard is the writer's fingertips as they hit each key.
So enjoy the silence folks. Turn off the TV. Read a book. Read a blog. Turn off the sound of this hectic life we sometimes have and enjoy.

enjoy the silence
- Cin

0 silence breakers:

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.