Tuesday, October 7, 2008

it never rains in southern california... sometimes I wish it would... or wouldn't

I swear this weather is driving me nuts. Do not get me wrong... I am not trying to complain. But I wish that the weather in California would make up its mind. Is it ready to switch into fall, or is it still stuck in summer? We have little hints of fall every now and then. Especially at nights. But just as soon as we get comfortable and start pulling out our version of winter clothing.... the blasting sun comes out to say hello.
Last Saturday we had rain. During the weekend when I finally get to enjoy the sunlight and the daytime... it decides to rain. So I get to enjoy my day indoors. It wasn't a complete drag , I got to pull out my UGG boots and enjoy the comfort. But now it's Tuesday... and I am back to flip flops.
This has to be bad for my body. I wonder if it gets confused wondering why it was shivering an hour ago and now there's sweat rolling down my back.
And let me tell you the damage it creates in my closet on a daily basis... When I wake up in the morning, early morning, I always look out the window to see what the weather will be like. Recently it looks as if though the day will be filled with clouds and dark skies. I try to get as warm as possible and start the layering process... and then the dreaded weather lady comes on to mock all of the wardrobe that I have piled on. Apparently, the weather will be changing from the 50's to the 90's during the day. Everything that was on will now be taken off and placed on the floor, my bed, the pile of clothes of from the day before.... anywhere but where it should be. And I get to figure out how I am going to layer my clothes so that I can take it off by the time I get to work. Even then, the AC is on full-blast at work so the sweater stays on. At least I have my disaster of a closet to look forward to arranging all over again. (major sarcasm there)

so yes, the weather here is great. and yes, I would never trade it for any other one. But it would be nice if it could send me a memo every now and then letting me know how I should plan my wardrobe for the following day. or at least a note saying "thanks for hanging in there... SUCKER!!!!"

enjoy the silence

-Cin

1 silence breakers:

~PaRuPaRo~ said...

This if funny. We were just talking about this the other day about how its hot during the week and then it gets cold on the weekends... My co-worker says: its because they dont want us to go to the beach!

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.