Saturday, December 27, 2008

a mask only covers so much

what keeps you grounded?
what makes you smile?
what triggers the anger?
what makes it all worthwhile?
sometimes I think I have the answers and then I really look inside. You have thrown a curve ball at me... again. And the answers I thought I had no longer make any sense. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I shouldn't have. I tried to understand you. You cannot understand what doesn't make sense. You cannot paint the sky blue when it is destined to be gray.
Don't worry though (not that you ever do), this time I will not believe in unicorns. I will not hold onto false hope. Because you are what you are. A liar. A lonely little soul. A voice lost among so many out there. A child paralyzed into a corner by the fear of monsters in the closet. A scorned woman searching for her lost soul mate. A man with a dream so bright, but with no will to fight.
Your colors are bright this time. Your colors have shown. And even though I turn my back on you completely. I will continue to wonder...
what keeps you grounded?
what makes you smile?
what triggers the anger?
what makes it all worthwhile?

enjoy the silence
-Cin

0 silence breakers:

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.