Monday, February 9, 2009

6 more months to go. Crazy right? People ask me constantly if I have the jitters or if the butterflies are driving me nuts already. The truth is – no. I am more than excited at what is coming, but the nerves are still in hide mode. I think that they will show up on the day of.

I have never dreamt of my wedding day. I was not that little girl that would play the bride role let alone the wife role with my friends. I have never imagined myself in my fantasy dress. I don't even have a fantasy dress. I have never pictured how it would all play out. Maybe this is why I am not a ball of nerves. Is this wrong? Is something wrong with me for not caring and dreaming about these things? I mean it is going to be a once in a lifetime deal. I should care right??? I should be nervous and worried and starting to stress.
But I’m not.
This day is truly very important to me. And this day will be amazing. But to me, the part that is important is the commitment being made on that day. Not the amount of flowers, or how tall my cake was. All of the extra things will make the day more memorable, but in the end… what I will remember the most is how we made that commitment to each other. The way he looked at me. Our first kiss as husband and wife.
And beautiful bouquets will make my pictures stand out – but they will not give more meaning to his words.

So nerves… I await your company. I welcome the challenge. Just please … if you do show up on the day of, can you make sure you do not bring nausea and sweaty palms with you. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy the silence
-Cin

0 silence breakers:

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.