Wednesday, July 9, 2008

a mooch will always be a mooch

leeches. I've never had the pleasure or misfortune of crossing paths with one. at least not the kind that is used in medical research and medical practices in certain cultures. but I have come across people that have certain characteristics of a leech. They receive the label of being a mooch or a freeloader due to the way they carry themselves.
we have all needed assistance in our lives at one point or another. I can include myself on this list. Sometimes life throws a curveball your way. And no matter how strong you might be, help is always welcomed. It is comforting to know that you can count on someone else. That you have someone in your life that cares enough to lend you a shoulder to lean on. This is acceptable and part of life. What bothers me are the people that take not only the shoulder, but the arm and the torso attached to it. The shoulder is never enough. And if that person is given the chance to take over - they will. Why? Because they are leeches. They would rather freeload off of someone else than to do things on their own for themselves.

Unfortunately, I have a major freeloader in my life at the moment. And although the sucking and the bleeding is not happening to me directly, it is happening to someone I care a lot about. It is starting to affect my relationship with that person and everyone involved in the situation. There have been arguements carried out because of this leech. Anger has been displayed in the form of disrespectful words towards each other and the leech has not felt an ounce of regret. Tears have been shed and silent nights have been shared while the leech continues to suck away and smile. Will this leech ever stop sucking???
I've asked myself this and many other questions regarding this situation. I tried to come up with answers by picking the situation apart. This is what I do. I pick things apart. I analyze. A leech will suck until it is full. It will continue to suck away until you stop it. Why would this leech want to stop freeloading from someone that allows them to suck away so freely? It's an easy way to go about living. No effort in life. And I am sure this leech is fully concious of what they are doing. And they do not care. This particular leech has no respect for anyone. It shows respect sometimes, but it doesnt have it. Does that make sense? They feel that they are entitled the world to suck on without any worries in life. I ask myself, why would they want to change this part of their life, if it is being handed to them so easily? A person that abuses someone does it because the other person allows it. If they were stronger, they would find a way to put a stop to it. The same applies here.

And this is where the arguements begin. Why would anyone allow themselves to be used? Why not simply say no? Stop. Why do they allow it to continue when its casusing problems with other people that are affected and involved? If the leech sits at home all day and contributes to the household only in the negative aspect, (ie. headaches, problems, etc.), what is the benefit of keeping them around? Is it out of pity? And if it is pity? Is there a limit to how much you try to pity someone? You might have a big heart, you might want to shelter and help. But after so much time passes and there are no changes... doesn't it cross a line? It makes you start to look like someone that doesn't know how to say stop. enough is enough.
I was told today that if the time ever came where I needed help, that hopefully someone would be there for me. And that hopefully no one would reject me and leave me out in the cold.
I would never allow myself to become a leech. This is my life. If help was offered to me while I was in the process of getting back on my feet, I would be appreciative and grateful. But I would do my part by doing something other than sitting on my ass and becoming lazier by the minute. There are so many resources out there that can help me out. And I am not talking about welfare. I would start by trying to find a job. Even if I was miserable for a bit. I would suck it up, at least until I had some sort of stability. I would not take full advantage of the help being offered to me. I would not let it go that far.
For now all I can do is wish something happens where this leech receives a lesson from life that would force them to open their eyes and make a change for themselves. Until then, after the incident today, I will take my own advice. I will savor silence to the fullest whenever it comes to this leech and steer clear. They want me to blind myself to what is going on. I will do so sadly.

for now continue sucking you annoying little mooch.

enjoy the silence--

Cin

1 silence breakers:

~PaRuPaRo~ said...

Hola! Like I said I like the way you express yourself. This is publishing material. I'm going to collect your blogs and make a book. To bad I'm not really a publisher.

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.