Wednesday, August 13, 2008

how much is that doggie in the window

this is my mammas, Chiquita, or Chiquis like most of us called her. We had Chiquis ever since she was 6 weeks old. She was a tiny, brown fur ball that fit perfectly into our palms. She easily made her way into our hearts. On May 27th, she passed away. She was 14 years old. She had lived a long and happy life with us. She left a lot of fond memories along with a void in my heart.
This fella is Comet. He is a golden retriever that we rescued from a shelter a bit before Chiquis passed away. They were able to hang out and become friends. We had had a Labrador retriever before him, Blackie (I cannot find a pic at the time). So we were used to this breed. Both Blackie and Comet have proven to be very smart and loving. Although it has only been a short time with him, he has proven to be my puppy =) He is currently attending training classes because he is a bit hyper and was getting out of hand for a while. Now he is starting to act like a true gentle pup.
And now our newest addition. This little lady is Minnie. She is a Pomeranian mixed with Chihuahua. She is not really the family's dog - she belongs to my sister Steph. Her colors are crazy. She has swirls of colors here and there and seems to have the face of a hyena. I have to admit that Chihuahas are not my choice in dogs, but she is simply adorable. She is a true lady in personality, always trying to run the house.

Why did I post about our pets? These little critters are not just pets in our family. They are members of the family and we are more then attached to them. When Chiquis died, we all grieved. When Comet improves we all praise him. When Minnie craves for attention, we all give it to her. They are like our siblings and we love them dearly. This is why I chose to share this. When Chiquis passed, I wanted to find another puppy to fill the void she had left. But as time passed, I realized that this was not possible. Chiquis would never be replaced. So I stopped thinking about it until recently. Now I want another puppy for my own. Everytime I see one available I want to take it home without thinking twice. Maybe I just need to have a kid already =P For now, this is put on the back burner. I have other things I need to take care of first before I get a new puppy. I love my pets, past and present.

*** no disrespect intended to Rocky and Blackie by not mentioning them. I did not have a picture on this computer for me to show properly. I promise to update once I get one.

enjoy the silence -

Cin

0 silence breakers:

Post a Comment

break the silence... leave me a comment

All work found on Savor Silence by Cin
Creative Commons License
is copyrighted and licensed under a Creative Commons License
For more info, go to http://creativecommons.org/.